Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Delicious by Shayla Black

Title: Delicious
Author:  Shayla Black
Released:  March 2, 2010
Series:  Wicked Lovers, Book 3

Book Summary:
He can't control his desire.

Luc Traverson’s entire future is planned out—but there is one very sexy obstacle in his path: Alyssa Devereaux . She’s a former exotic dancer turned strip club owner and restaurateur. Recently, Alyssa and Luc shared one night of wild abandon that left Luc terrified by his loss of self-control—and Alyssa desperate for more.
 And that's exactly the way she wants it.

Fulfilling a promise, Luc is the guest chef for Alyssa’s restaurant debut. The sight of her makes Luc wild, so how can he survive a week without letting loose and ravaging her—especially when she’s begging for it? Luc’s desire for her explodes when he realizes he isn’t the only man desperate to have her. But one of the others is deadly. And that’s not the end of Alyssa’s secrets…which are as dark and mysterious and enticing as her fantasies.

 My Thoughts
Whoever said you can't make a hoe into a housewife has obviously never met Alyssa.  She had finally retired her stripper pole and in the process of being happy.  Despite all the tragedies in her life she managed to educate herself and own two successful businesses. No spoilers here, but I will say that this chick had an abundance of shit thrown on her.  And to top it all off, she fell in love with a jack ass who  thought she  was nothing more than  a pretty fu*k buddy.

Luc is the object of Alyssa's affection, or should I say obsession.  While he pretends that they are just friends with benefits, sadly his cock knows better.    No one entices him like Alyssa.

I felt a little sorry for Luc in Decadent when he didn't get his own girl.  I tried to look the other way when he stabbed his cousin, Deke,  in the back countless times and tried to end up with the girl whether she loved him or not.  I tried so hard to see him as as a nice guy that deserved a HEA (happy ever after).  But, turned out that when I labeled him "jackass", I was correct.

Luc knew that Alyssa was feeling him a little too much. She made no secret about and went out of her way to show him that she was a mindless bimbo.  Despite her efforts,  all he could  see was  her inner stripper and how easy took off her clothes for him.

I thought the saying was correct that a man wanted a lady in the street and a freak in the bedroom.  Alyssa was all that, but it was the more part that Luc was afraid of.  Personally, I thought that he was highly intimidated by her accomplishments and that's  for most controlling men

If you have to remind yourself that you want a Boring Betty, then most likely it's a lie.  Who in the hell did he think he was fooling?  As if his ideal woman would feed his six hour (yes, six hour) sexscapes.  Luc would turn out any conservative woman had sex with. She might start out wearing  her sensible shoes, but after a night with Mr Insatiable, she'd never wear panties or take off the F*ck Me Shoes!

I loved it when they finally got together.  On one hand, I was rooting for them.  But towards the end, I really wanted her to wash her hands of his pansy ass.  Her bodyguard, Tyler, would have made a much better man for her.  But as they say, what's romance without the drama?

My Rating:
5 Stars
Seriously, did you even have to ask?  Everything that Shayla writes is five star to me.  I was warned that this book would have me fanning myself, and boy did it ever!  Shayla Black is on fire!  Everything that she writes is off the chain!  The story lines are filled with drama, and the romance will make you fall in love, and the sex scenes are hotter than hot.  As far as I'm concerned, she is the queen of erotica!

4 Talk to me!:

Katelyn said...

Just stopping by from the blog hop and started following, read your review for Delicious...kinda wish I hadn't lol...I'm in the middle of reading it now and I knew I should wait and come back to read your review after I finished reading for myself but oh well, lol! Great review, I'm a big fan of Black's and can't wait for her future releases!

Kelly said...

I found you through the hop.
Kelly Bookend Diaries
http://bookenddiaries.blogspot.com

Morgan said...

I haven't heard of this book, but oh does it sound amazing! Great review, I'm adding it to my wishlist.

Also I love the layout of your blog, the blue is gorous!

Erika said...

Hi there :) stopping by on the hop :D