Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Covet, A Novel of the Fallen Angels by J R Ward


THREE STAR BOOK

Book Summary
Redemption isn't a word Jim Heron knows much about-his specialty is revenge, and to him, sin is all relative. But everything changes when he becomes a fallen angel and is charged with saving the souls of seven people from the seven deadly sins. And failure is not an option
Vin diPietro has surrendered himself to his business-until fate intervenes in the form of a tough-talking, Harley-riding, self-professed savior, and a woman who makes him question his destiny. With an ancient evil ready to claim him, Vin has to work with a fallen angel not only to win his beloved over...but to redeem his very soul.



Well, it's finally out. I took my time reading this book so I made sure I didn't miss anything. It was a slow read but got semi interesting mid way towards the book. I did find myself disappointed because I went into the book thinking Black Dagger Brotherhood. The Fallen Angels novels are like a totally different boring world (I miss the Brothers). Instead of vampires and sympaths, you've got angels and demons. I did like the fact that we got to know Trez and Marie-Terese a little better. I so love Trez and hope he gets his own book. I only hope she does it as well as she did Lover Avenged. And who the hell knew that Marie-Terese had so much baby daddy drama.

Without the excerpt from Lover Mine, that I have been waiting to get my hands on, the book would have gotten a two star. It's not bad but I just felt that it could have been so much better. I sincerely hope that this is just a teaser that leads to way better reads. She did it with Dark Lover. I wasn't impressed by that book at all. But when it was followed up by Lover Eternal, I did reread it and loved it.

So, now that the teaser is over and she has established Jim and his angel entourage, book 2 of The Fallen Angels should be super good.

And P. S., Ms. Ward, please take a minute and get back on the grind because we need Lover Mine to be hot shit.

0 Talk to me!: