Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shadow Of The Vampire by Meagan Hatfield


Title: Shadow Of A Vampire
Author:  Meagan Hatfield
Released: July 1, 2010
Book Series:  None
How I Got It:  Received ebook from Net Galley to review

Book Summary:
Even vampires should never sleep with the enemy.

Vampire princess Alexia Feodorovna has been undead for 125 years, so it's been a while since any man has made her pulse race. Until Declan Black. One look at his bronzed body and a fire like no other consumes her. Then she discovers that he's a dragon lord come to take revenge on the vamps who killed his parents. And claim a crystal said to imbue its owner with incredible powers.

Alexia is ordered to torture and kill the dragon lord. Yet with each reckless encounter, she finds herself consumed by his fiery passion. A passion Declan battles, as well. Will he be able to resist the fire of lust she kindles within him and keep revenge in his heart? Or will he risk everything to quench the burning desire and claim the vampire as his own?


My Thoughts
Alexia is a vampire princess getting ready to become a queen.  Her mother, the Queen, is showing signs of Alzheimer, and her evil almost stepfather is busy plotting to take over the world.  Alexia's world is about to come tumbling down if she doesn't find that sacred crystal.  And having a handsome, very naked dragon shifter in her dungeon is not helping matters at all.

Declan should be ruling his kingdom, but instead he's counting his days.  These vamps have already tortured and killed his parents so he's sure that he won't survive either.  As long as his dragon kin are safe, he has no problems with dying.  But each time that little blonde vampire comes near him, he hopes to live another day just to touch her.  Even though she appears to be as barbaric as the others, his heart yearns for her. 

From the time Alexia and Declan met, I could tell that these two were destined to be together.
The heat from these two made it impossible for me to put the book down.  Shadow Of A Vampire is my kind of book because it had me up half the night trying to finish it.  

My Rating
I give it five stars because it was good from start to finish.  I was completely drawn it to the book and felt the passion between the two characters leap right off my computer screen.

Read and excerpt from Shadow Of A Vampire

2 Talk to me!:

Katie said...

That looks so good!

I know you're not suppose to judge a book by its cover, but whew!

I'll keep my eye open for that one.

Yvonne said...

Oh trust me, it's hot!