Saturday, September 25, 2010

Review: Last Dragon Standing by G A Aiken



Title:  Last Dragon Standing
Series:  Dragon Kin, Book #4
Genre:  Paranormal, Shape shifters
Publisher:  Kensington  Publishing
Published:  September 2010
How I Got It:  Purchased ebook for Nook
Lend Me Feature:  Yes

Book Summary
I know what they see when they look at me. The charming, soft-spoken dragoness bred from the most powerful of royal bloodlines. A disguise stronger than any battle shield that allows me to keep all suitors at tail's length.   A technique that's worked until him.   Until Ragnar the Cunning, handsome barbarian warlord and warrior mage from the desolate Northlands. Unlike those who've come before him, he does not simply submit to my astounding charm and devastating smile. Instead, he dismisses me as vapid, useless and, to my great annoyance, rather stupid!
Yet I'll allow no male to dismiss me. Soon he'll learn my worth, my many skills, and the strength of my will. For this one challenges me enough to make me want to ruthlessly taunt him, tease him and, finally, when the trap is set, bring him to his knees.

My Thoughts
Since I am a huge fan of the Dragon Kin series, I picked up this book expecting to be entertained.  I am happy to say that I was not disappointed.
I absolutely love all of the dragon shifter books because they are simply funny as hell. Hands down, G. A. is one of my favorite authors because her books never fail to make me laugh.
In the fourth book of the series, we learn more about baby sis, Princess Keita. Although she is small in both human and dragon form, she is referred to as Keita the Viper. A name she happily and violently lives up to.
This book was one of my favorites.  Keita is the female version of her brother, Grenvael the Defiler. They are both beautiful and both vain enough to make any and everything about themselves.   I usually don't care for slutty heroes or heroines, but this brother and sister duo are the King and Queen of Slutsville and they make you laugh as they poke fun at themselves and everyone around them. You can't help but to love them.
Another reason that I loved this book is because I adore the entire family and in this book, you get the whole clan.  One would expect a royal family to be prim and proper and to behave with dignity.  Not these royals.  G. A. creates a dysfunctional family of dragons just trying to make it through the next family squabble.  Besides beating each other black and blue on the daily, they never miss a chance to humiliate each other or anyone that happens witness their shenanigans.
If you are looking for a world wind romance, this is not the book for you.   But, if you are a fan of shape shifters you'll want to give it a read.   I do recommend that you read all books in the series because once you finish this one; I promise you'll want to know all the family members better.  My one disappointment in this book was Eibhear and Izzy.  Can they just get together already?

My Rating PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket  
I give Last Dragon Standing four flowers of love.  The storyline could have been stronger, but for me, the humor always keeps picking up the latest.


Read an excerpt

0 Talk to me!: