Saturday, February 27, 2010

Moon Craving by Lucy Monroe


Five Stars
Book Summary

If it were up to him, Talorc-laird of the Sinclair clan and leader of his werewolf pack-would never marry. But when the king orders Talorc to wed an Englishwoman, the lone wolf is hocked to find a challenge in his mate, the strong-willed Abigail. And after a passionate wedding night, the two fiercely independent souls sense an unbreakable bond...

Deaf since childhood, Abigail hopes to keep her affliction from Talorc as long as possible. And for his part, Talorc has no intention of telling her that he is a werewolf. But when Abigail learns that the husband she's begun to love has deceived her, it will take all of his warrior's strength-and his wolf's skill-to win her back. Now Talorc and Abigail will face the biggest challenge yet: the vulnerability of being in love...

I picked this book up on a whim while browsing for the latest at my local Wal-Mart. I didn't think it was going to be that great a book, but I put it in my TBR pile because I couldn't find anything else interesting. Once I got into the book, I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

This is the second book in the Children of the Moon series. Lucy Monroe does a perfect job of making you fall in love with her characters. This book is definitely a page turner and hard to put down.

I haven't read Moon Awakening, the first book in the series, but I read the teaser that's included in the back of this book. I see now that I'm going to have to start reading throwbacks just so that I can keep up with the going ons of the newest books. I guess I was so naive to the fact that there were so many great books by authors that I have never heard of and that they have already written a gazillion that I'll probably never get to.

Anyhoo, as I read my teaser and other snippets, I was prepared to hate Talorc. Abagail's sister Emily, who was first sent to marry him, pretty much describes him as an arrogant asshole. He never showed her any kindness or feelings, but with Abagail, he was totally opposite.

In the beginning, Talorc, never intended to like his wife, but welcomed the fact that he would be able to have regular sex with a beautiful girl. And what sane man would say no to that? What he didn't count on was actually having feeling for her, even becoming dangerously possessive of her.

Unlike all the other heroines, Abagail wasn't an in your face type of girl. She didn't play hard to get or get on your nerves like most I read about. She realized that this is what life has dealt me and I'm going to make the most of it.

I loved the way their romance bloomed. It wasn't forced, it just happened. There were certain parts of the book that made me root for them, parts that made me say "hell to the nah", and others that had me misty eyed.

The only thing I disliked about the book was her evil ass mother. I could not understand why her mom was such a bitch. I wanted Talorc to beat the breaks off her with her royal stuck up ass. I just hope the younger sister doesn't turn out like mommy.

Ok, no more ranting. Back to happy thoughts. As I was saying, yep, I'm a sucker for a happy ending and this book had the best ending ever. Neglected girls get man of her dreams, some wild, hot, sex and lives happily ever after. Makes me want to read more historical romance novels and stock up on my kleenex!



Deuces

Can't wait to get your hands on this book, click here

0 Talk to me!: