Sunday, March 21, 2010

Message From A Mistress

Title:  Message From A Mistress
Author:  Niobia Bryant
Released:  March 2010
Series:  None

Book Summary:
Through good time and bad, longtime friends Jaime, Renee, Aria, and Jessa have shared just about everything.  But all hell breaks loose when Jessa texts them a shocking revelation:  she's been sharing her bed-with one of their husbands.  To make matters worse, she refuses to name which husband she's been cheating with.  And all three wives believe they have reason to worry...

Jaime wonders if her own past infidelity drove her man into Jessa's waiting arms... Renee thinks her busy career opened the door for Jessa to step in and fulfill her wifely duties...and Aria fears her competitive relationship with Jessa pushed her so-called friend to claim the ultimate prize in revenge.

The betrayed trio vow to stick together.  But before the identy of Jessa's lover is revealed, each woman's deepest secrets will be exposed for all to see and they'll need each other more than ever.

My Thoughts
Okay, this isn't my normal reading, but I couldn't pass this one up.  I love a story with messy friends and shady husbands.  This book delivered both and then some.  The story follows the friends through friendship, heartache, and painful secrets that only a friend would know.

At first, I couldn't keep up with what was going on but I still couldn't put the book down.  After a few chapters, I was hooked.  Anyone that has had a back stabbing bitch of a friend would appreciate this story.  From the first moment the ladies read the text, I was ready for them to beat her ass.  Secondly, I wanted to know which husband was double dipping.

And the husbands, wow, what a train wreck some of them were.  Jaime's husband Eric was a complete asshole.  True enough she did cheat on him, but their sex life was wack and he did nothing to try to improve it.  The way her husband found out about it and the way he reacted to it was super messy. He felt like since he was the bread winner, he could do anything he wanted and Jaime just had to take it.  I could easily see him cheating with Jessa, but from the way Jaime described their sex life, not likely.

Renee's husband Jackson was also an asshole.  What man wouldn't be proud that his wife had a successful career?  This fool was so mad that she didn't want to play homey housewife, that he allowed all kinds of distractions into their marriage. They both had their indiscretions but couldn't meet in the middle and clear the air.  He could have easily been the SOB.

Aria's husband Kingston seemed to be the only good husband out of the bunch.  Aria was the one with the shady past that she didn't bother sharing with her husband.  If he knew what type of woman he married, he'd leave her for sure.  But still, her husband was fair game.  Things that seem too good to be true, usually are.

My Rating
5 stars simply because I enjoyed all the drama.   It made me remember why I don't have a lot of girlfriends.  It also reminded me that it's always to good to keep friends close, but enemies even closer.  I would definately recommend this book.  The only part I didn't like is that if left me saying, WTF!  There will be a part two, and hopefully two beatdowns:  Jessa's and the two timing hubbie!

0 Talk to me!: