Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Review: A Taste Of Desire by Beverley Kendall

Series:  Elusive Lords, Book #2

Genre:   Historical Romance

Release Date:  January 4, 2011

Publisher:  Kensington Publishing

Format I Read:  Paperback

Pages:  340

Source:  Author

                                   

Read Excerpt
Book Blurb
Lady Amelia Bertram may have a reputation as the lost brazen beauty of the ton, but she shocks even lost brazen beauty of the ton, but she shocks even herself when she accidently—and loudly—derides one of society’s most eligible bachelors in the middle of a crowded ballroom. The timing of her faux pas couldn’t be worse, for her father is seeking someone to take her off his hands that very night…

But when Thomas Armstrong overhears the so-called “Lady” Amelia slandering his sexual prowess in public, he cannot help but accept the dare implicit in her words. To her father’s great delight, he offers to take her to his secluded country estate—properly chaperoned, of course—to teach the girl a lesson in ladylike behavior…

Awesomeness:
The viscount gave a hearty laugh and gestured down to the front of his trousers.  “You mean this?”

Shocked, Amelia blindly averted her gaze but could do little to halt another flood of heat from blistering her cheeks.

“I would hardly call this the barometer of good taste.  Didn’t you know, these things have minds of their own?  Sometimes it requires merely a comely face and a shapely figure.  Discriminating these are not.”

My Thoughts
This is another historical romance that I really enjoyed reading.  A Taste Of Desire is full of humor and romance.  The story is very easy to follow and the characters are scandalous and funny.  Beverley Kendall did a great job pairing Thomas and Amelia.  I love a good battle of insults, so I enjoyed each and every moment they spent hating each other because they ended up loving each other.

Amelia is one of those heroines that you wished you could lay hands on.  Her own insecurities made her angry and bitter.   She took pride in saying and doing what she wanted regardless of who she hurt so she was in desperate need of someone strong enough to check her.   

Thomas is a gentleman and a longtime friend of Amelia’s father.  He has never been fond of her even though her father declares him the number one prospect for a husband.  Thomas would rather stab his own eyes out before he calls her Wife, so when Amelia tries to publicly assume he has no bedroom skills, he decides to throw her off her self imposed pedestal.

Each time Thomas got the best of Amelia I cheered.  Their love/hate relationship kept me turning pages anxious to find out what shenanigans they would pull next.  I loved the way Thomas dealt with her.  He meant to give her a dose of her own medicine but as he got to know her, he found himself falling for her instead.  And all Amelia needed was love to melt the ice around her heart.  So sweet.  Sigh.

Overall, this was a very good romance.  Frustrating at times because of the love/hate relationship, but it ended in a very sweet HEA. 

Rating
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
4 flowers of love. Very good read, would recommend this one


Other Books In This Series:
Sinful Surrender, Book #1

Other Reviews Of This Book:

7 Talk to me!:

MANDY said...

Hi there. Found you at romance book junkies linky for the historical romance challenge. I am following you now. Great review. I have seen this book out there before but haven't picked it up yet. I think I may have to now. Come and read my review at www.mandysescape.blogspot.com

Yvonne said...

@Mandy
Thanks for the follow. I really enjoyed this book and laughed my butt off reading it.

Unknown said...

Nice review! Im not a Historical fan, but this sounds nice =D

Yvonne said...

Thanks Larissa. I'm a new to historicals but I love them now.

Jeremy said...

Awesome book for the challenge. I added an entry into this months giveaway. =)

Julia said...

This was a great review! Adding to my (ever growing TBR pile)

BTW. I am here through the hop. I just like to explore once I get here so I didnt post on the other one. I am a new follower now!! :)

Yvonne said...

@Julia
Thanks for stopping by and following. This romance is a must read, especially for the laughs.