Monday, November 28, 2011

The Diva Is Back...

Bet ya'll have been wondering what in the world happened to me, huh?  Well, it has truly been a minute since I have updated the blog.  It doesn't mean that I've lost my love for books, or that I've gotten tired of blogging.  All I can say is that when life happens, it really happens and there's absolutely nothing that you can do but roll with it.

I recently experienced two personal tragedies that I'm still dealing with.  I lost my mother and about two weeks later, I lost my uncle-my mom's other brother.   Both deaths were sudden and so unexpected that I think I'm still in denial...

Anyhoo, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still around and I plan-but can't promise when- to get back to the blog.  Thanks so much to everyone that has continued to stop by the blog, mention me on Twitter, or interact with me on Goodreads and Shelfari.  My apologies for not responding to friend requests and letting emails go unanswered.  I just checked my email account-which I haven't done in a minute and was blown away.  I have so many emails to sift through that it might take me a week or two to get through them all. So, wish me luck and keep my family in your prayers. 

6 Talk to me!:

Emily said...

I'm so sorry for your losses. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I'm sorry to hear that. Your family will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for you recent losses. I can understand the denial. My dad was in the hospital for a heart procedure around that time. Puts things into perspective real quick. Wish there was a way to freeze time yet move forward too?

Anonymous said...

Yvonne you and your family are in our prayers.

Steph from fangswandsandfairydust.com said...

Sorry for your losses. It gets better but takes time. You cannot go around the shock and grief, you can only go through it.

Ann Summerville said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. I was just thinking that today would have been my dad's birthday.
Ann