Thursday, November 8, 2012

Review: Attorney-Client Privilege by Pamela Samuels Young


Attorney client Privilege side banner
Click here to enter contest



Read Excerpt

Genre:   Fiction, Mystery/Suspense
Release Date:  June, 2012
Series:  Vernetta Henderson Mysteries, Book 4
Publisher: Goldman House
Pages:  382
Source:  ARC From Author, Pump Up Your Book Tours
Rating:  Four flowers of love

Book Blurb
A brutal murder, missing documents, and an unscrupulous opposing counsel lead attorney Vernetta Henderson on a quest for justice-and ultimately-revenge.


Vernetta goes aftger a corporation with a long history of discriminating against women.  While Vernetta simply wants justice for her clients, the corporation’s hired gun wants a win… and she doesn’t care how.

On the home front, Vernetta’s infamous sidekick, Special, has finally found true love.  But is the price more than she’s willing to pay?


My Thoughts
First of all, I didn’t know that this book was part of a series.  I have read only one book by this author and loved it. I have not read any books in the series, but as always I will be back tracking because this series is too good to be missing out on.

I am a big fan of crime drama books so once again I found myself unable to put yet another book down until I finished it.  Despite the almost four hundred pages, it was a quick read because the author kept me engaged in the story.  There was so much going on between the murder investigation, drama from Vernetta’s last case, missing documents from the new case, and her friend’s new atitude, there was never a dull moment.

The story was well written and the plot was a simple everyday experience that is often unaddressed.  I liked that the author took the time to explore the topic and paired it with characters that were not afraid to stand up for what they belived in no matter what dangers and disappointments lay ahead of them.

Vernetta continued to be a sassy character.  She never backed down as long as her clients wanted justice.  I admired her drive to win and I especially wanted her to win against Girlie, the conniving attorney representing the sleaze bag company.  

I did not care for Girlie.  Although I admired her success, I just didn’t agree with the way she got it or her tactics for winning her cases.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone that likes crime drama or just want a good fast paced book to read.



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Other Reviews Of This Book:

Other Books In This Series
Every Reasonable Doubt, Book #1
In Firm Pursuit, Book #2
Murder On The Down Low, Book #3

0 Talk to me!: