Saturday, November 28, 2009

On The Edge by Ilona Andrews


Four stars
Book Summary
Rose Drayton lives on the Edge, between two worlds: on one side lies the Broken, a place where people shop at Wal-Mart and magic is nothing more than a fairy tale; on the other is the Weird, a realm where blueblood aristocrats rule and the strength of your magic can change your destiny. Only Edgers like Rose can easily travel between the worlds-but they never truly belong in either.

Rose thought that if she practiced her magic, she would build a better life for herself. But things didn't turn out the way she planned, and now she works an off-the-books job in the Broken just to survive. Then Declan Camarine, a blueblood noble straight out of the deepest part of the Weird, comes into her life determined to have Rose (and her power).

But when a terrible danger invades the Edge-a flood of creatures hungry for magic-Declan and Rose must overcome their differences and work together to destroy them, or the beasts will devour the Edge and everyone in it..


The cover of this book really threw me. I thought it was like one of those sappy Harlequin novels. The cover male model looks like a Fabio protegee and the female looks like she just stepped out of a Walker Texas Ranger episode.
It's been a minute since I've read a story that I did not want to end. I picked it up and couldn't put it down. This is first novel I've read by Ilona Andrews. The story has magical beings, action, humor, and romance all wrapped up in a wonderful story. Two things I didn't like about the story was the fact that William turned out to be a bad guy, and there was so much gory details about the hounds and Casshorn. Simply gross.
I liked the romance between Declan and Rose and was glad when they finally got together. It was so much fun to read about him getting under a skin and protecting her whether she liked it or not. I absolutely loved it when he kicked her old boyfriend's ass and when she meet his family. I look forward for to the next installment of The Edge Novels.

0 Talk to me!: