Sunday, January 17, 2010

A WTF moment



No, just kidding! LOL! Hello, fellow book chicks and book divas! I just wanted to to take a minute to say thanks to everyone that follows or just reads my book blog. I appreciate the comments that have been left about some of my posts but would love to have more feedback from my readers. If you've read a book that I've reviewed, please share your thoughts. If you've recently read something that I haven't and it's good, please share that too. Suggestions are always welcome.

There are books that I've read but haven't reviewed yet, because I don't seem to have enough time in my day to review. I'm working, going to school, and being a mom. With that being said, if you'd like to be a guest reviewer, please let me know. Email me at vonbur3@aol.com or just post a comment to the blog.

I'm working two jobs because I need a new car and a Nook(just waiting on them to restock)! Yes, I stopped at Bookstar and got the chance to check one out. It was bigger than I thought it was going to be. It's not that complicated to use or figure out either. I was also able to ask the clerks questions and they actually knew answers and didn't have to refer to a stupid manual (like most idiot clerks do with new products). I was trying to decide if I wanted the Nook or a netbook. After checking out several netbooks, I think the Nook would be a wiser decision. I want something that's lightweight to carry just for reading my books. The net books are small and cute enough but if I'm going to buy a laptop, I think I'd want it to at least have some type of burner or reader on it, which none of the netbooks I saw have. Not sure why, but I thought they did. And some of the prices compared to that of a full size laptops with burners and more hard drive and memory.

After doing the research on both items and from actually being able to personally inspect the Nook, I think it will be a great investment for me because my bookshelf is completely stuffed. I've been trying to sell books on Ebay, but haven't had a lot of luck. I have gotten rid of a large portion on Ebay, but the last few I put up didn't sell. If anyone has any suggestions on how to sell the ones I still have or want a list of what I have, just let me know. Some I am willing to part with, but others will stay until I am old and gray.

Back to the blog, as you can tell, my blog is not always PG. I've debated with myself if I want to try to keep it PG, but me being me, I don't think I'm going to be able to do that. I like to express myself and sometimes I need those extra colorful words to achieve that. If I offend, I'm sorry, but when it comes to my books, it is what it is. I do rant instead of review sometimes and my grammar and sentence structure are off the chain. Sometimes, I just sit in front of the computer and just flow. When I reread what I've written, I get a good laugh. Sometimes I clean it up, but half the time I don't change it. Like I said, it is what it is and it's all fun.

Any whoo, thanks for reading....

Oh, the pix, I just wanted to give you something to drool over on this slow Sunday. David Beckham is too sexy for his own damn good. Posh, you lucky bitch!!! I HATE YOU!

Deuces

2 Talk to me!:

silverhartgirl said...

I just got done reading Kelley Armstrong's awaking and summing. They are YA books but they are great reads. Kelley Armsstrong is one of my favorite authors I have to wait until April for the third book to come out.( It is so hard to wait.

Yvonne B said...

I'll have to put them on my TBR list. It's still super long, but as soon as I get my Nook, it's on!