Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Beasts Behaving Badly by Shelly Laurenston

Title:  Beasts Behaving Badly
Author:  Shelley Laurenston
Released:  June 1, 2010
Series:  The Pride Series, Book 5
How I Got The Book:  Purchased ebook for Nook
Lend Me Feature:  Yes

Book Summary:

Ten years after Blayne Thorpe first encountered Bo Novikov, she still can't get the smooth-talking shifter out of her head. Now he's shadowing her in New York-all seven-plus feet of him-determined to protect her from stalkers who want to use her in shifter dogfights. Even if he has to drag her off to an isolated Maine town where the only neighbors are other bears almost as crazy as he is...
Let sleeping dogs lie. Bo knows it's good advice, but he can't leave Blayne be. Blame it on her sweet sexiness -- or his hunch that there's more to this little wolfdog than meets the eye. Blayne has depths he hasn't yet begun to fathom -- much as he'd like to. She may insist Bo's nothing but a pain in her delectable behind, but polar bears have patience in spades. Soon she'll realize how good they can be together. And when she does, animal instinct tells him it'll be worth the wait...


My Thoughts:
Oh what a twisted mind you have, Ms Laurenston!

In the latest shifter shenanigans, we learn more about Blayne, the hybrid BFF from Mane Squeeze.  Blayne has always been the true friend that did whatever to help a friend out, and I considered her the sane one.  But in this latest book, her whole character just got crazy like Coco Puffs.

She's still lovable, and even though she's part wolf, you'd never know.  Her dog side seems to be more dominant because I found myself wanting to whack her with a rolled up newspaper just to make her calm down.  And they wonder why dogs aren't suppose to have chocolate.

I loved Bo and his in your face attitude, but I kept picturing him as a seven foot tall Jason in a hockey mask. Scary, right?  Oddly, I still found myself really wanting him to get his  girl.

His OCD and "if it's not on my list, it doesn't exist" attitude was a bit much, but being in love with Blayne, a guy has got to have some order to stay sane.   He turned out to be a much needed calm in the Blayne storm.

This book was nonstop fun for me and I couldn't put it down.  I especially like the parts where Blayne keep getting attacked by badgers.  And who could forget Bo's face offs with Blayne's play brothers.  Funny stuff.

My Rating:
I give Beast Behaving Badly 4.5 stars.  Never in my life will I be able to say that I bought a book by Shelly Laurenston that I didn't love. 


Read an excerpt from Beast Behaving Badly

0 Talk to me!: