Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Her Vampire Husband by Michele Hauf

Title:  Her Vampire Husband
Author:  Michele Hauf
Released:  April 2010
Series:  Wicked Games, Book 3

eBook recieved FREE, courtesy of NetGalley.

Book Summary
An arranged marriage between a werewolf and a vampire.

There will be blood.

She may resist his bite, but she can't resist his charms...

Werewolf princess Blu Masterson won't allow her seductive vampire husband to consummate their marriage with his bite, marking her forever. Alone in a secluded estate with her sworn enemy, Blu curses the marriage arranged to bring their rival nations together, especially since Creed Saint-Pierre calls out to her most feral desires.

When Blu uncovers her pack's secret plot to destroy the vampire nation—and Creed—she is forced to confront her growing feelings for her sexy undead husband. Will she choose the only life she's ever known or accept his vampire bite?

My Thoughts
After reading the first chapter on Michele Hauf's website, I knew that I was going to love the story.

Creed and Blu were the main characters.  For them to be mortal enemies, I was happy to see them put their differences aside and find happiness.  I've read alot of books where the alpha male likes the female and takes what he wants (which is her) regardless of what she wants.  I was pleased that My Vampire Husband didn't take that route.

Creed is an older than dirt vampire so he's used to getting what he wants when he wants it.  He  appears to be as boring even if he is very powerful and respected by the other vamps.  He is considered to be an elder in the vampire community so naturally he's stuck up and totally full of himself.  His character was a little over the top, but as soon as he realized he could love Blu, his character became real for me.

Blu is a werewolf princess and anyone who knows their were facts knows that females are very rare.  She is the only female in their Pack so she's considered their Princess.   She's spoiled, dresses over the top, and has a knack for not doing what she's told.  I liked her from the start. She was the perfect ride or die chick.  I love a girl that knows what she wants out of life and isn't afraid to take chances to get it.  I did feel sorry for her having to marry the old guy and having to put up with the way her father and her Pack treated her. 
 
At first, I just thought this book would just be a fun read, full of laughs.  I did not expect it to be as good as it was.  Sure there were a few parts that were boring, and seemed like they dragged on a bit more than necessary. But, there were also parts that were so good and so romantic that I  couldn't stop reading. 

I am a big fan of writers that let romance  blossom slowly between their characters.  This way, the reader doesn't feel that it's forced and unbelievable. There were a lot of mushy parts, but that 's part of what I love about the romance.  The mushier, the better.

My Ratings:
Because I love paranormal romance and this book was soo romantic, I give it a 4 1/2 stars.  Michele Hauf is now one of my fav authors so I will be reading more of her work.


Read an excerpt from Her Vampire Husband
Also read an excerpt from The Vampire Tango

1 Talk to me!:

Mandi said...

I liked this one too..especially the first half. Really fun characters.