Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Review: Watch Me, Desire Me by Carolina Barbour

Genre:  Erotica, Paranormal, Vampires

Published:  September 2010

Publisher:  Siren-Bookstrand

Format Read: ebook

Pages:  314 (Nook pages)

How I Got It:  Reviewed for Black Raven Reviews

Read an excerpt
Book Summary:
Striking beauty Saxby Darling weds Lord Milo DeCapri and has all the world to do with as she pleases until one foolish action leaves her life in shambles. When she tries to kill her husband, he dispatches word to his brother, Juden Van Zandt-DeCapri, to come to his aid, and Juden arrives like the eye of a storm. Saxby has reason to fear Juden. She knows he didn’t come for revenge. He came for blood.
Juden is a variant, human and vampire, with an unforgiving and dangerous countenance. He immediately turns on Saxby. Unsettled by his appearance and actions, Saxby distrusts Juden right away and tries to keep him at arm’s length. The idea is impossible, however, as she is thrust into a world of twisted plots where she fears for her life and unwillingly is forced to side with Juden to save herself. What terrifies her most? Saxby can’t decide if she is fighting with or against Juden.

My Thoughts:
Saxby has been trapped in a sexless marriage since the accident that caused her husband Milo’s paralysis. She continues to be the dutiful wife by caring for him and seeing to his every comfort. Overcome with guilt, she feels she has no right to refuse when Milo hires random men to share her bed while he watches.
Milo is disgusted with his wife and blames her for taking away his manhood. Since he can no longer enjoy sex, he makes sure that Saxby will never be able to. He rejoices each time he sends a new man to her bed with strict instructions of using his wife as the whore he believes her to be.

Watch Me, Desire Me is a very hot read. It has so much family drama; I could swear I was watching my favorite soap opera. It’s full of lies and deceit, and enough sex to make you want to smoke a cigar after reading.

I felt sorry for Saxby in the beginning because she was stuck in a loveless marriage and didn’t have control over her own household. After Juden arrived, I started to dislike her. Of all the people she should defy or stand up to, she chose the one that had her best interest at heart.

I loved Juden. Although he was brought into the story for scandalous reasons, his character demanded attention. Despite the reputation that he carried, he turned out to be an awesome guy.
The one problem I had with the book was the abundance of sex. I did feel that some of the sex scenes could have been left out because at one time, it really overshadowed the storyline and caused me to skip ahead.

Don’t get me wrong, Juden is a true sex god. His scenes with Saxby were scorching hot, but after so many back to back romps, I lost interest and wanted more of the real story.

My Rating:
I give Watch Me, Desire Me four and a half flowers of love. The story is hot and will leave you wanting more. If you love romance with a touch of drama and suspense, you’re definitely in for a treat.





PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket 1/2

0 Talk to me!: