Wednesday, December 1, 2010

ARC Review: Dangerous Love by Margie Church

Series:  Love Bites, Book #2

Genre:  Erotica, Paranormal Romance

Published:  November 2010

Publisher: Noble Romance Publishing


Format I Read:  ebook

Pages: 205 (Nook pages)

Source:  Author

Read excerpt
Book Summary
Wade Kairos faces deadly consequences for defying the leader of the vampire nation. Ladislav Husek partners with Master Prophet Dirk, to prove Wade can run but he can't hide. And neither can Jui Fabrice, the woman Wade loves. Every bit of his ingenuity is needed to protect her from being turned into a vampire or a Prophet. In an unexpected twist, another vampire from Wade's past comes forward, and makes it abundantly clear that what used to be hers is still up for grabs. Someone will pay with their life in Dangerous Love.

My Thoughts
When we left Wade and Jui in Love Bites, the couple was all set to have a HEA.  But when Wade starts having dangerous episodes with an old flame that’s jealous of his new life, his future with Jui just got complicated and dangerous.  

Dangerous Love is much darker than Love Bites.  It reinforces the fact that once you are part of this vampire world, you can never leave without suffering deadly consequences.  These vampires are jealous, vindictive, and love disturbing the peace that former vampires have tried hard to create.

When I started reading this book, I already had high hopes for Wade and Jui’s relationship.  But, during the first few pages, I realized that once again, their love would be tested and strained to the point where they may end up going separate ways just to stay alive. 

Wade got on my nerves by pretty much keeping Jui in the dark about the dangers that their relationship and lives were in.  The trust issues left a bad taste in my mouth and canceled all my hopes for them to have a successful future.  It annoyed me that they claimed to love each, but didn’t love enough to conquer the trust issues until it was too late. 


Overall, the story was a good read and the plot kept me busy trying to figure out what in the world was going to happen next.  I lost a little interest with the m/m subplot because it did not appeal to me, but the original love triangle plot was a definite page turner and kept me hanging on to the last page.   



My Rating
I give Dangerous Love three and a half flowers of love. 


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket1/2




3 Talk to me!:

Margie Church said...

Thanks for making the time to review Dangerous Love. I'd like readers to know you reviewed an unedited copy and the most significant issue was addressed.

Yvonne said...

@Margie
You're welcome, Margie. Yes, that's why I titled the post "ARC (advanced reader's copy)" review so they'd know that it wasn't the final version of the book. I didn't get a chance to read the final version that you sent me, but I will check it out.

Margie Church said...

Thank you, Yvonne. Let me know what you think. I will let you know when Redemptive Love comes out...the title alone should make you smile.