Friday, September 25, 2009

What A Dragon Should Know by G A Aikens (Shelly Larenston)


FIVE STAR BOOK
Book Summary
Only for those I love would I traipse into the merciless Northlands to risk life, limb, and my exquisite beauty. But do they appreciate it? Do they say, "Gwenvael the Handsome, you are the best among us-the most loved of all dragons?" No! For centuries my family has refused to acknowledge my magnificence as well as my innate humility. Yet for them, and because I am so chivalrous, I will brave the worst this land has to offer.

So here I stand, waiting to broker an alliance with the one the Northlanders call The Beast. A being so fearful, the greatest warriors will only whisper its name. Yet I, Gwenvael, will courageously face down this terrifying…woman? It turns out the Beast, a.k.a. Dagmar Reinholdt, is a woman-one with steel-gray eyes and a shocking disregard for my good looks. Beneath her plain robes and prim spectacles lies a sensual creature waiting to be unleashed. Who better than a dragon to thaw out that icy demeanor?

And who better than a beast to finally tame a mighty dragon's heart?


I finished this book about a week ago and haven't had time to give it a review. Let me tell you this-G A Aiken is the shit! I read all three books in the series back to back and could not put them down. This particular book is the one I couldn't wait to get to. It's about Gwenvael The Handsome, our favorite man whore who can't seem to keep his junk or his hands to himself. Through the first two books, Gwenvael has shamelessly slept with entire villages, had his way with the house servants and fondle his sisters-in-law. In this book, he's caught with his face buried in Annwyl The Bloody's chest while she's pregnant with his brother's half human half dragon twins. Of course he gets smacked around and almost killed for that but that's nothing new. Anyway, since Annwyl is pregnant and miserable (she's actually crying alot because the babies are making her very weak,)so she sends him on an errand.
On his errand, Gwenvael is suppose to meet with Reinholdt, a warlord, who has information that could mean life or death for Annwyl and her twins. On his way there, he heards all about the warlord's feared warrior son The Beast and what's to see what all the fuss is about. Well, imagine his surprise when The Beast turns out to be Reinholdt's book worm daughter, Dagmar. Gwenvael insults her and her family by laughing (repeatedly) in her face. To say it's a battle for him to get the information is an understatement. Knowing that his sister and law and brother will kill him if they find out what he has done, Gwenvael pulls out all the stops to get the info and the girl. Yes, who would have though you could make a whore into a husband? It takes a special kinda girl to deal with this hot mess.

0 Talk to me!: