Sunday, November 21, 2010

Review: The Secret Of The Scarlet Stone by T L Clarke

Series:   A Gabby Girls Adventures, Book #1

Genre:  YA, Fantasy

Published:  July 2010

Publisher: One Wish Publishing


Format I Read:  ebook

Pages:  88 (Nook pages)

Source:  Author

Read an excerpt
Book Summary
Can you help the Gabby Girls solve the clues?

The Gabby Girls are drawn together by the only thing that they have in common, which is the mysterious scarlet pendant they each possess. But things seem even stranger when they find a clue that tempts them with the answer to the question they have longed to know. 

After all, Gabby Girls always stick together, and every day is a...Gabby Girls Adventure!

My Thoughts
The Secret Of The Scarlet Stone is a quick and fun read.  It’s full of mystery, mischief, and girl power.  It took me back to my tween years when I first discovered what fun reading could be.  It also reminded me of The Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley Twins, my favorite tween books.

The book centers around four girls that are relative strangers but end up being roommates at boarding school.  At first they don’t have much in common but discover that they all have the same necklace and are anxious to unlock the mystery that has brought them together.

I thought the story was cute and well written, but it’s best suited for middle grade or junior high readers.  It was a little too innocent for my corrupted reading tastes, but still a good story. 

My  Rating
I give The Secret Of The Scarlet Stone three and ½ flowers of love.





PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket1/2

 

0 Talk to me!: